Monday, June 3, 2013

pessimists make me laugh.

So the other day I read The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger. I loved it. It's a book about a teenager who gets kicked out of his all boys high school and decides to spend three days just lounging around New York meeting friends, getting drunk, and smoking. Holden Caulfield is hilarious because he pretty much hates everybody. You know those people who are crazy opinionated and they hate a lot of things and they voice it too, and their negative opinions about everything are just funny? That's Holden for you. My favorite part is when Holden says "I'm always saying 'Glad to've met you' to somebody I'm not at all glad I met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stuff, though." Never were truer words ever written. I do that all the time. You know, say things just cause you're supposed to. Great book.




No comments:

Post a Comment