Monday, June 10, 2013

different.

You know, it's been awhile since I read a teen book that wasn't a sci-fi, rebel-against-the-evil-government, type of book. And those are great fun books don't get me wrong. But after reading a lot of them, you kinda know what to expect. Like I was reading Article 5 and I was like "Well duh they're gonna go join the resistance and fight the government. Because that's what everybody does." So anyway The Selection by Kiera Cass, was such a good book, and it wasn't about lovers fighting the leaders of their country. I feel like after The Hunger Games everyone wanted to write a book like that and they all did but with a little twist.  Like you know how Harlequin makes like a million romance books that are all pretty much the same  but each one has a slightly different situation? I feel like in a couple years there will be a publishing company who makes nothing romantic sci-fi books.

But The Selection is about a girl, in the future duh, and she's lower class and her secret lover is really low class. But then she gets picked to go and compete to be the bride of the countries prince. And somewhere along the way she starts to think that maybe being the princess wouldn't be too bad.Uhhg! The whole time I was like "Just pick which guy you wanna be with!!! It's not that hard!!!" But this was a super good book. I would definitely recommend it. It even had a happy nice ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment