Sunday, August 4, 2013

and death was the narrator.

The Book Thief: It is 1939. Nazi Germany. The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier, and will become busier still. Liesel Meminger is a foster girl living outside of Munich, who scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can’t resist–books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement. 

 

I don't understand why my brothers are so opposed to reading Nazi books. I guess they're all kinda the same.... but not this one!!! I honestly didn't even know what this book was about when I started reading it. I thought it was more of an adventure book. Super great book though!!! I really liked how death was the narrator. It was really cool to read a book that way. And it made everything more interesting because every once in a while, death would throw in his opinions about Liesel and her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment