Monday, July 15, 2013

...these kinds of endings.

Everyone in this futuristic world thinks that love is a disease and so when a person turns 18 they get "cured" of love. The main character, Lena, can't wait till she turns 18 and gets cured because then she'll finally be safe. But then (you never would have guessed, but) she falls in love with a boy!!!

//

Terrible Ending. There's a gif for these kinds of endings:


(I love Silver Linings Playbook) But that's really how so many books end!!! And this one was no better. Like I loved the rest of the book, but if I ever bought it and read it again, I would stop like 50 pages before the end. This book was actually really good except for it's ending. And now, because I can see into the future, I will guess how the next two books go: Lena joins the resistance. 

Am I the only one or are these "resistance love stories" getting a little boring? Seriously I can not even count how many there are. Someday I will write a book and the main character will not join the resistance. She will die. Or she'll remain a nobody while everyone else revolts against the government. But she will not.

No comments:

Post a Comment