Tuesday, June 11, 2013

words.

Have you ever heard a word and then after reading the definition you're like "holy cow that is a beautiful word."? I do that a lot... but then I forget the word. Dang it. Well after reading A Lover's Dictionary I found so many new words that I love. (actually only two... but that's a lot compared to all the words I don't remember) I'm sure there are so many more words that I've felt this with.... but I can't remember at all... lovely words include:

Ethereal: Delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world.


Mercurial: Subject to sudden or unpredictable changes.


And this one doesn't really have a beautiful definition, but it's beautiful when used in sentences such as this:

Quintessence: She is the quintessence of beauty.


 Yah, it sucks that I can only remember three words. But anyway, about the book A Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan. It was such a good book. And a short one too. But it's a novel in the format of a dictionary and it's super cool. He doesn't even give the main characters names, and it makes it so you can imagine them however you want. Cause you know we tend to create ideas about people based on their name. I love the words he chooses to describe his relationship. And some of them are just average words, but he gives them a deeper meaning. He says such beautiful things in the book. For example... "I want to take back at least half of the 'I Love you's because I didn't mean them as much as the other ones." What a beautiful book.



No comments:

Post a Comment